Located at 9 Golden Ball Street, the yard shared its name with a number of others in the city centre. Here we see pictured Woolpack Inn (after which the yard was named) in 1936. At this time the pub was situated on the corner of Timberhill. In 1938 it was rebuilt further back from the road and away from Timberhill.
The yard entrance is to the right of the pub.