Whip and Nag YardLocated at 3, Pitt Street the yard was named after the Whip and Nag pub. Intriguingly the pub was originally called the Whip and Egg and kept this name until at least 1845.
The pub is pictured here in 1936, with the yard entrance on the left. Although damaged during air raids in 1942 it was not officially closed until February 1960.
The yard has been sympathetically preserved and modernised to a high standard as can be seen below.