Black Boy Yard
The Yard at 32 Colegate was named after the Black Boy Pub which is recorded as being here as early as 1760. In 1845 the Yard housed a school for 65 girls. Although it was damaged during bombing in 1942 the pub reopened for business in 1953.
In the 1980s it was reinvented as the Merchants of Colegate.